Sabrina’s Mixed Olives, Artichokes & Feta Pastries
Using her special, limited edition olive mix Sabrina Ghayour creates a simple, delicious pastry stuffed with Olives, Artichokes and Feta. Perfect hot or cold. What’s more 10p from every pack sold goes straight to Action Against Hunger!
- Preheat oven to 200°c / 180° fan assisted / Gas Mark 6
- Drain the oil from the olives, roughly chop and remove any olive stones
- In a bowl, combine the olive mixtures, crumble in the feta, add the dried oregano, season with black pepper
- Mix thoroughly, using a fork – don’t worry about mashing them up a little, that’s perfectly ok
- Roll the pastry sheet out a little and divide into 6 equal squares(ish)
- Divide the olives & feta mixture into 6 equal portions
- Shape into a ball and place each ball into the centre of the pastry squares
- Pat them down to flatten them a little and taking one corner of the pastry, pull it over the mixture into the opposite corner to make a triangular pastry shape (
- Push the filling down gently (if needed) and seal the edges of the pastry by pinching them or using a fork to seal them shut.
- Lay them on a baking/parchment paper lined oven tray
- Brush with the beaten egg, then sprinkle with Nigella seeds
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins or until golden brown
- Once cooked, serve immediately, perfect with a salad on the side
Tom's top tip: You can just as easily make this an open tart. if you prefer