Butternut Squash Pasta with Artichokes
Deliciously creamy butternut squash and artichokes with a touch of lemon and rosemary. A lovely pasta bake for when the nights draw in.
Cook1 hr 5 mins
- 2 1/2 packs of unearthed® Articghoke Hearts with Rosemary, Lemon and Black Pepper
- 300g butternut squash, peeled & cut into cubes
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g creme fraiche
- 500g mascarpone
- 150g parmesan, grated
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 75g pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the pumpkin onto a baking tray, drizzle over two tablespoons of the olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until tender and set aside.
- Whilst the pumpkin is roasting, cook the penne in a pan of salted boiling water, according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and soften the onion and garlic for 15 mins
- Mix the onion and garlic mixture, crème fraîche, artichokes, mascarpone, half the parmesan and roasted pumpkin in a large bowl until well combined
- Pop the mixture into a large ovenproof dish
- Make the topping by combining the breadcrumbs, pine nuts and the remaining parmesan until well combined
- Sprinkle the topping over the pasta and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until golden-brown
Tom's top tip: Feel free to replace the butternut squash with pumpkin - it tastes just as good!